• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General Price Range for a 72 or 73 Tii?

M3This

Hey guys Im a bit of a noob here but have been looking into starting a 2002 project. I done my fair share of restoration on two 1959 caddys and a 74 Super Bettle, but recently have been into build projects of current cars and miss having something classic.

After doing some research I decided on the 72 or 73 tii as 72 is the first year of the Tii and 73 is the last year of the round tail lights (which is what I prefer).

What should I expect to pay for one in decent condition? I will most likely take what ever I get and do frame off on it, but would prefer to find something somewhat compete to start with.

The general price range for a 72 or 73tii is between

Free to $60k.

Seriously, there are a lot of variables. Rust is the main issue. Non-tasteful upgrades can be another. Generally, the more original, the better.

If you look at the NADA and BlueBook values, they can show $10k and up for a tii.

With some effort, you may be able to find a rebuildable car for $5k and up. Below that price, you are most likely getting lucky or getting screwed.

Post up a pic if you have a car in mind. Plenty of help here to figure the value.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Guest Anonymous
What should I expect to pay for one in decent condition?

Definitely the first time this question has been asked! Definitely! I mean really definitely!

Thanks for the info. So $5K-10K for a decently rebuildable one. Thats generally what Im looking for.

Now let me expand on this. My goal is not to rebuild it to stock, so in that case would I be better off just getting any 73 and older?

I was planning to do a S14 motor swap, and build the car to look more like a race car. Something similar to this:

bmw_2002.jpg

the reason I was looking for the Tii is it seemed to make the S14 swap easier due to the stock fuel system. (tank, pump, ect)[/img]

the reason I was looking for the Tii is it seemed to make the S14 swap easier due to the stock fuel system. (tank, pump, ect)

On a non-tii, you only need a '91 e30 318is in tank pump. It has the pump built in and has a return line as well.

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Your chances of finding a good s14 swap candidate increases many times over. The prices are also going to be much more reasonable for a non-tii.

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

If you're going to make an M2, I would start with a solid non-Tii.

A good condition Tii is going to cost you anywhere from 50-100% more than a good condition non-Tii. The money you save on using a non-Tii can be better spent on things like suspension, brakes, etc.

From a purist's perspective, it would be a shame to "mess" up a good condition Tii by converting it to an M2.

My $.02....

Andy W.

'72 Tii & '74 Tii

'88 M3 & '91 318is

If you're going to make an M2, I would start with a solid non-Tii.

A good condition Tii is going to cost you anywhere from 50-100% more than a good condition non-Tii. The money you save on using a non-Tii can be better spent on things like suspension, brakes, etc.

From a purist's perspective, it would be a shame to "mess" up a good condition Tii by converting it to an M2.

My $.02....

+1

My tii would not be sold to anyone for use as a carcass for an M2. But, I do like a well sorted M2 . . . good luck!