• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

adding to a FAQ (or 'I found a tii')

autoaloha

I found a 2002 tii in a local junkyard! awesome! i took the calipers, took the seat belts(mine stopped retracting), took the instrument panel(i only had a clock in my automatic), took the windshield cleaner resevoir(mine wasn't OEM for some reason), and finally a locking gas cap. The engine was stripped to the long block, and there wasn't much else, but it did have the tii struts and hubs and trailing arms- all pretty rusty(as was most of the car- it is Hawaii after all).

so... my question-

the calipers are pretty rusty- but i want to use them for a big brake upgrade. i have seen a few faq's, but none contain part numbers. I know that exploded diagrams are everywhere online, and I wouldn't want to burden the forum with a request for the part numbers- but really, this ought to be in the faq on such topics, no? Finding the parts (numbers) are a big part of doing such a job I feel.

Additionally, can I simply 'bolt on' the tii rotors and calipers- or do I need the tii struts or hubs or whatever else too?

Finally, any estimation of the parts cost to rebuild a set of tii calipers, assuming I'll need to replace everything.

thanks!

1984 Pininfarina Spider Azzura (Fiat 124): sold

1992 300ZX Twin Turbo: sunny days

2001 Toyota 4runner: sold

1974 BMW 2002 automatic: daily

1991 BMW 325iC: sold

1986 BMW 528e: daily

Guest Anonymous

You really need to do some homework and read through as much of the archives and any other reference work you can get your hands on. Sometimes a deal is not really a deal.

As Lee might tell you, those calipers will not bolt on to stock struts. The bolt pattern is bigger. In fact, those calipers are really the same as those used on the E3's also known as Bavarias. The Girling calipers from a Volvo will fit the stock struts and that is what is mentioned in the FAQ. The hubs are also different between a tii and a stock strut. Maybe someone else with a tii or tii struts would be interested in buying what you have.

Incidentally, the speedometer from the tii may or may not be accurate with your current ride as the speedometer matches the rear axle gearing.

Sorry.

You really need to do some homework and read through as much of the archives and any other reference work you can get your hands on. Sometimes a deal is not really a deal.

As Lee might tell you, those calipers will not bolt on to stock struts. The bolt pattern is bigger. In fact, those calipers are really the same as those used on the E3's also known as Bavarias. The Girling calipers from a Volvo will fit the stock struts and that is what is mentioned in the FAQ. The hubs are also different between a tii and a stock strut. Maybe someone else with a tii or tii struts would be interested in buying what you have.

Incidentally, the speedometer from the tii may or may not be accurate with your current ride as the speedometer matches the rear axle gearing.

Sorry.

thanks for the insightful input. since i just wanted the tach( as i mentioned) the speedo won't be necessary. additionally- i am aware that the hubs are bigger, does this mean they're necessary? I will go back and get the struts tomorrow, but since they seem to charge per pound, i'd like to leave whatever i can. can i do the swap with just the calipers and struts? (i'll be buying new rotors and pads and lines in addition to parts for whatever i may have to rebuild)

1984 Pininfarina Spider Azzura (Fiat 124): sold

1992 300ZX Twin Turbo: sunny days

2001 Toyota 4runner: sold

1974 BMW 2002 automatic: daily

1991 BMW 325iC: sold

1986 BMW 528e: daily