• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odo broken: Looking for speedo/instru cluster

haromich

My odo doesn't work (speedo works so-so)(no pun intended). WTB: functioning speedometer/odometer: Will consider buying someone's entire instrument cluster if within my budget. I have a 1968/1969 stock 2002, manual. Thanks for any help you can pass along.

"Fiona" 1969 2002 Driver up for sale (sigh)

"Clarabell" 1980 Honda CX 500

2004 Pontiac GTO

and many more orphans up for adoption

odometergears.com that will sell you a new gear and installation instructions. It's a common failure on 2002s and not terribly difficult to replace. You can lubricate both the speedo and cable at the same time, and have the satisfaction of fixing it yourself.

Good luck

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Wow, I'm getting a terrific response to my question (replacement broken odo/replacement Speedo). Thanks to all. I'm sorting through them. I like the idea of repair, but my instrument cluster was damp for years, and is a little gunky.... so while repair makes economic sense, replacement could sure look better. I should have noted that mine is a driver and need to keep spending only to necessary levels. Tough to do with 2002's (i.e., too many neat things to upgrade!).

"Fiona" 1969 2002 Driver up for sale (sigh)

"Clarabell" 1980 Honda CX 500

2004 Pontiac GTO

and many more orphans up for adoption