• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

who is running 205/50s on Rotas?

nbristow01

I prefer wider tires, anyone running 205/50/15s on Rota Bs? Pics would be great if you have them. I am kind of leaning to the Rotas and may sell my restored basketweaves

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

That car looks to be stock height? Or maybe just the front spacer removed?

Be carefull as you go lower, 205's may not fit as well. I'm running ST springs which I think drop 1.5" and 195*50*15 which seems to be about all the wider that will fit....

BTW that car does look SWEET!

BD

Here are a few more shots of my car. Stock ride height. Just barely barely clears in the rear fender, which in my oppinion looks great. Only rubs if i'm going up a super steap incline on an angle, like a tight right hand up a steap parking lot.

rota5.jpg

rota6.jpg

rota7.jpg

rota8.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I have them and love the look...no rubbing.

Is this on stock ride height? with no rolled fenders or spaces? and whats the offset on either of your cars?

------------------------------------------------------------

'73 2002

'77 R75/7

goeslikeschnell2.png

IMG_9274.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

For what ever the reason, each 2002 is a bit different. But here is my experience with Rotas and tires.

I have 195's with Eibach's..and I tend to get--how you say.. uh.. indiscrete in da'street. The 15X7's with 195's at times look enormous in proportion, and are already dangerously close to the wells.. Add in the suspension travel and you are asking for a shredded side wall out front. Ask me how I know.. If I had my car here today I would add a pic of my blistered paint.

So, I had to go to sports to remedy the problem.. Which, all due respect, I have been told is no difference in valving vs. HD's. But I called the guys at Bilstein (East) they confirmed the valving differences. And I'll tell you this, you'll dent my sheet metal pushing on the car to try and get it to bounce now. Its stiff as stiff can be.

Here's the point of my opinion,

1. Even with BBK's up front, and discs out back. I'm never gonna out brake these tires.

2. No matter how hard I try, I'm not gonna out power them either. A chirp on a shift is the best we get!

So EVEN wider tires seems to me like a disproportionate look and a wresting match with rub that most shouldn't have to endure on a stock powered car. Now, the 160+ hp M10, M2, M20 guys are in a different league.. I am well aware.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002