• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Help ID My Distributor

kstrause

I want to install a Pertronix, but I'm not sure which distributor I have. A PO told me he put in a tii dizzy but I'm not sure from what year. My car is a 72 carb. The current distributor has this code on the side: 0 231 115 081 and then below the numbers: JFUR4. The numbers don't match up to anything on RealOEM from what I can tell. I tried to upload a couple of pics but it didn't work. I'll try again, but maybe someone can help with the description I gave. Thanks.

Kurt Strause

'72 Nevada (as yet un-named)

Does your distributor have a mechanical advance (all smooth and round with no vacuum lines going to it) a vacuum advance ( a diaphragm fitting with one vacuum line going to the carburetor) or both a vacuum advance and retard (lines going from the distributor to both the carb and to the intake manifold near the carb) The Tii distributor has no vacuum lines or diaphragm fittings where they can be attached.

Clyde Gates BMW CCA #19280

2009 Rav4 (wife's ride)

06 Toyota PU (Parts hauler)

89 325ic

75 2002 (parts)

74 2002 (Pigcheeks project)

73 2002 (auto to fi stick project)

70/75 2002 rolling