• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition tumbler

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Yes, my key will not turn. I've got it in position one right now. I know with a Mercedes, yes I know, you can replace just what we Mercedes technicians called the "ignition tumbler". You would not have to do the whole lock, as long as it was not in the locked position. Anyway, what is needed to fix an ignition that will not turn out of the lock position?

Thanks

Eric

Guest Anonymous

I figured you knew what a tumbler was:p I'm not sure what is required to fix it. every once and awhile my key will get stuck(along with the steering wheel. it takes a little bit of working the tumbler a reefing on the steering wheel to get it to turn. Could it be that we are plaguued not by the tumbler but by some sort of steering lock?? I don't know good luck. I have an extra ignition switch setup if your interested I'll dig it out and see if its any good

Guest Anonymous

Eric i have the whole getup except the rear of the ignition that the wires plug into i just had it rekeyed by an excellent shop by me.50$ + shipping and its yours.2002 ad sells them used for 60 plus shipping;110 new...e-mail if your interesed.

David Furey

68-1600-02

73-2002

• 20 years later...