• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ansa muffler

Scott Sislane

Where'd ya get the center-exit Ansa from?

-Charlie

John Schneeman posted it with a couple ctr pipes, in the parts section on here, last month. It was new in wrapper.

They seem to be available again though: http://www.discountexhaustsystems.com/shop/?Ntt=ansa&PN=2215&N=0&VN=4294967253+4294966986+4294965800+4294967247+4294967173&Nr=AND(category:Exhaust)

Scott

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Scott, As I have posted before, after three years with an ANSA system, I went back to to a stock exhaust, and greater sound insulation (carpet matting). I just got tired of not being able to have a conversation in the car, or listen to music on long Interstate trips, like VAV and BAuto SnS.

I do miss the dual center chrome tip pipes, which were very cool, and may explore getting them fab'd to the the stock setup at some point.

Six more weeks of crap weather. Take care.

Roger

'72 Malaga

RBenson685@aol.com

Hey Roger, I do recall you saying it was too loud for you. I actually hear the carbs over the muffler, so noise inside is the same, and the ctr resonator is the same, just the muffler. I'll give it a go. I have the other ANSA that's the stock style, if I don't like it.

Thanks Arden, I just read your blog again... man, that's unreal.

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Oh wow, it sounds so sick! If you think its too loud , let me know :)

haha, I think I'm liking it too. We'll see what it's like at driving speeds. (2 months)

Not sure why the inside is painted bright orange, kinda looks like it's glowing. I may paint it black. Don't want the cops to think this thing goes fast or anything.

SiteNamecopy.jpg

scott,I have the same set up on my 73.most people love it or hate the noise,frankly,i'd much rather hear my engine and exhaust than listen to music.Is this one of projects to complete before v@v?

As long as I don't go more deaf than I already am, I would rather hear the motor than the radio too. I thought by not using that ctr straight pipe that goes with "sport exhaust", it would soften the sound a little. Plus, my side-drafts wanna be heard!

Yup, this is one of several projects I want done before V@V. I took the easiest one first. I'll install the msd box next, then pull the front suspension apart & replace the strut housings, brake calipers, plates... then I plan on having a local mech. replace my rear diff and also the drive-shaft... and a piece of my pass side frame rail will be cut out and a fresh section welded in. And the new esty carpet... not sure I'll get that far.

SiteNamecopy.jpg

I think this has been suggested before, but how about a thread that could be placed in the FAQ where folks could post their sound files for various muffler, pipe, carb, et. set-ups? Steve? Is that something that could be considered?

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Oh wow, it sounds so sick! If you think its too loud , let me know :)

haha, I think I'm liking it too. We'll see what it's like at driving speeds. (2 months)

Not sure why the inside is painted bright orange, kinda looks like it's glowing. I may paint it black. Don't want the cops to think this thing goes fast or anything.

Yea it sounds really nice. I kind of want my stock 02 to get a little bit of sound in the exhaust but I'm not sure what to purchase to get that sort of sound. I'm gonna do some research on exhausts system. Do I need the center part? The muffler?

I was confused with the orange part too. This might sound dumb but it made me think of really hot metal and I was like wow, somethings wrong with that haha. Doenst look too bad though.

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD