• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

heater motor?

NMDerek

aside from having to get your old fan blades off your dead motor, and then getting it on to that motor's shaft... should work perfectly. Buying a motor with the fan blades on it already is VERY helpful. The center plastic, hi-pressure fit piece is a bear to remove without wrecking, and then getting it onto the shaft of the new motor...

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

I can confirm this. And as long as you have your box out already you should diffinatley change the two (-+) wires from inside your box to your new motor to get the maximum speeds from fan.

71 BMW 2002 "Von Eiff" gone baby gone

73 BMW 2002 " Mingus "

04 BMW X5

75 Triumph Tr6

00 CLK 430 Conv

Honda Elite Scooter

Vespa Ciao

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just looking at "plug and play" as part of this question. replacing the motor is far from that. I know some shop jockies here boast 2 hours or less to do the whole project. I did 3 of these, and if you really care about what you're doing, and want to get everything back togther clean and correct, you will spend 8 hours like I did, on each one. You have to remove the heater box, which means taking your ctr console out... it's a mess. Then you get your box apart (drilling rivets out) & need to clean that, and replace dried-up gaskets.... (my 8 hours included getting the old blades off, and new ones on.)

as someone mentioned on an earleir thread though, this is much easier than lots of other cars, just not a quick repair.

HeaterBox_4.jpg

HeaterBox_3.jpg

HeaterBox_2.jpg

HeaterBox_1.jpg

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

NP I've got 3 of these laying around, couldnt' find the 3m foam but got something that should work, now the tricky part getting the blades off and on.

Any pics of that process?

Any last chance ideas to rehab the old motors?

tia

NMDerek