• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tii fuel filter change?

Andy74tii

I'm wanting to change my tii's fuel filter today -- the one next to the radiator -- and wondered if there is anything in particular I need to pay attention to. Is it simply a matter of undoing the incoming and outgoing lines, and then connecting it back? Being careful, of course, of any spilled fuel. Is there any pressure in those lines?

Thanks,

Andy74tii

FAQ Member #126

Is it simply a matter of undoing the incoming and outgoing lines, and then connecting it back?

Yes, pay attention to the in and out of the new filter.

Is there any pressure in those lines?

If you do it in the morning before running it there won't be much pressure if any but be careful anyway and have a catch bucket under the filter. I did mine after the car sat a few days, there was a small dribble.

hth

Arden

http://ardens-2002tii.blogspot.com/

71 2002, tii, Schwarz

72 2002 tii, Polaris

76 Trans Am, Sterling Silver

96 Volvo 850, Daily Beater

Parts Cars: 73 2002 Malaga, 74 2002 tii Granatrot & 76 2002 Verona

thanks for the tips. As a matter of fact, I do have a supply of new 8X13 fuel hose left over from my restoration 6 years ago. One question, though, I recently found this clip, identified in the parts diagram below as #5, which I had plated during the restoration, but never figured out how it was reinstalled, do did not. Anyone have a pic of this thing installed?

thanks!

Andy74tii

post-191-13667616499357_thumb.png

FAQ Member #126

Be sure the hose clamps are properly fitted and tight. The upper filter clamp let go on the way to work a few weeks back, and in the 20 seconds or so it took me to pull off the interstate and investigate, the nose of the hood filled with gas and the entire engine compartment was dripping. I really dodged a bullet for want of a properly seated and tightened hose clamp.

John Phillips

'72 tii

Hooked on 2002 since my first one bought new in 1972