• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIXED thanks Bill W.Sputtering off and on, wont start now.

culpy

wouldnt ya know it, right when Im selling my car. Its started to sputter. got worse when I pushed on the gas. Checked carb. getting gas. Changed fuel filter, gas in the fuel filter. So I dont think its the fuel pump. I did get super low in my tank the last few days. Please help , has to be something simple. Clogged line? Distributer cap?Coil? Now she wont start.

Crud in the tank. That happens with a low fuel level, crud floats and at low fuel level sucks up in the pick ups.

should I pull the float out of the tank and clean it? Pull the carb and clean it?

do you still want the Manuals Bill? Discount price cuzz your da man!!

If your car won't start I would check to see if all of your wires are OK and plugged(plug wires,wires to coil,points) If it was bad gas it should start and then quit when you pressed the gas peddle or backfire. It sounds like a wire wiggled loose let us know.

71 BMW 2002 "Von Eiff" gone baby gone

73 BMW 2002 " Mingus "

04 BMW X5

75 Triumph Tr6

00 CLK 430 Conv

Honda Elite Scooter

Vespa Ciao

It is worth checking the tank Chris. I am not a carb guy so not sure what filters there may be to check. But if the problem came after a near empty tank of fuel, it is worth checking.

Check your FB mail about the manuals

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

when i was on the freeway it would be fine just cruzzing, but when I pressed on the gas, it would sputter!!!

Im going to pull the gas tank sender/filter and clean it!! And Check ALL wires!! Shoot might just pull the Carb and clean it to!! Thanks , i will keep yall posted!!

Crud in the tank. That happens with a low fuel level, crud floats and at low fuel level sucks up in the pick ups.

yep, pulled the pickup in the tank. cleaned it. Now everything is smooth!!

thanks again Bill W. Manuals are on the way!!!