• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IE rear camber install pics?

Turb02

Ive just gotten my rear toe and camber parts in from IE and expected to have some sort of pictures to go off of for the location of these parts. Nope, just written instructions.

Before I tackle this, can someone post pics of where these are installed so I know that they are in the exact location needed. I know where they go but I dont know how much vertical overhang or positioning on the subframe or how to "slot" the existing holes properly.

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold

Before I tackle this, can someone post pics of where these are installed so I know that they are in the exact location needed. I know where they go but I dont know how much vertical overhang or positioning on the subframe or how to "slot" the existing holes properly.

Here are some photos of the IE kit install on Pedro's site:

http://bmw1602.lostbrazilian.com/v1/viewer.php?albid=576&stage=3

And though not IE's kit, perhaps the photo below will give some general idea of a finished unit (mine is available as finished sub-frame - no kits).

-KB

I used the IE on my e30 and the above pics show a bit. To answer your questions:

For my car I placed the slotted IE piece in such a manner that the original stock location was at the center of the IE slot. Does that make sense? I used the stock location as the reference point. There is a convention of the inboard/outboard mounts being for camber/caster, and I can't remember which. Sorry. I don't think it really matters, honestly. e30 guys or IE will know. Anyway, assuming you make the outboard mount for camber (which is what I think I did), orient it vertically. If your car will be really low, you can offset the IE such that you can adjust out camber-- you'd put the stock slot in the lower extent of the IE slot. What's your camber goal for the rear, -2 or so?

A long time ago I read the these units allow XX degrees of movement in the respective meridian. I can't remember, but it's a enough where I felt safe orienting the IE piece so the stock location was in the middle of the IE slot.

To enlarge the opening of the stock piece to match the IE slot, I used a dremel and rat tail file. Delegate this part of the job if possible!

HTH!

(PS email me w/ questions: m roach 2002 AT aol dot com)

74 '02- M2 under construction by SnailPace Restoration, Inc.

88 M3 unmodified when retired from track

97 332is CrewCab (M3/4/5 )

99 MCoupe-- track rat