• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shifter hole lip thingie - Got one to spare?

Paul7002

Oddly, my car is missing the metal surround for the shifter hole with the lip that the shifter boot secures over.

See attached conveinently provided pic of same from somebody else's post earlier today.

So if you're about to do a sawz-all job or can otherwise help, let me know

Thanks much!

post-254-13667609143708_thumb.jpg

post-254-13667609174379_thumb.jpg

post-254-13667609175296_thumb.jpg

Paul in Richmond
'70 Chamonix
'85 535i, 2000 R1100R

I don't know what year they went to the later style rectangle boot that mounts to the console tail piece, but unless you can see where the spot welds were, you probably just need to put in the console. Or maybe the ring was removed at some point to fit a console. Once again I'm not real sure, but I know the '68 and am pretty sure the '69 looked like the picture. Anyone with a '70 hopefully will chime in here.

I think the ring was removed by a p.o. (thanks, dad...) who at one time had a cobled together e21/2002 console/shift surrond thing. I Don't want to go to a later console/square boot.

What I need is an earlier car that's ready for the scrap heap and a sawz-all. Or maybe a shiney chrome ring like on a old MG to hold the boot down.

Paul in Richmond
'70 Chamonix
'85 535i, 2000 R1100R