• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tranny identification help

Turb02

There are the numbers on the tranny:

it's a 3 piece with no shifter mechanism, just the selector rod.

I need to know if this will fit a M10 block?

Thanks in advance

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold

Anyone have anything for me? The owner of this trans received it in a kit for a e21 s14 swap. By looking at it, I can't tell Whether it's a cr dogleg or an OD trans.

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold

Hello,

It is possible that it might be a CR. It is definitely for the E30 M3 and other 6 & 5 series depending on the bell housing. A CR has 3 protrusions in the back just above/to the left of the out put flange. An OD has only two.

In order to install it in a 2002 you will need to widen the tunnel. Are you planing on keeping it? I would be interested if it is a CR since my car has the modified tunnel already. I think that I have pictures of the back of a CR.

Regards

Jan

Thanks for the info, can you post pics of the rear of the trans? I don't have Any to compare to but it may jog my memory form when I viewed it. It's a 3 bolt flange if that determines anything

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold

If you want to know if it's a dogleg or not, just take a Phillips screwdriver or other dowel-shaped device and put it through the hole in the selector rod to give you leverage, put it through its shift pattern, rotate the input shaft and note which way the output flange turns.

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1999 Z3, 1999 M Coupe, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)