• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

harbor freight soda blastr..

auggiemize

Mention was made recently about the HF soda blaster..to those who purchased one..report back please? I'm a rookie and considering buying one; do you like it? 15 lb? which density of soda for what purpose? do it yourself booth of plastic or better with a "real" station to be able to re-use medium? Or can you with soda? Many questions, and thanks for you guys feedback. Yes, I do have a BA compressor (previous owner used to paint cars, vertical flourescents in the walls, etc.) I dont have even a sand blaster at this point...

FYI, my main purpose at this point is to do small painted steel parts, aluminum alloy and steel wheels, and to get pesky coffee stains off of my molars... Just wanted to see if you were still with me.. Dave V. in NC

I picked up the 15lb'r well over a month ago, but still haven't received it because it is on backorder.

I got the bag of medium sized soda, but blowing it out through a straw doesn't work so well. ;-) From what I understand, you cannot reuse the media as it explodes on impact.

I'll report back as soon as I get it. I have a ton of parts that need blasting!

I just bought a 15lb one and the extra large grade media. It works well for smaller parts and crevices, I'm not reusing the media and am doing it in a small home "booth". I was blasting my friends '02 and it took the paint off, but wouldn't take the primer off. To be fair, that primer destroyed sanding discs much faster than the paint. I'm not 100% sure it's the original primer as the car has been repainted more than once, but it does look like it could be the original primer.

if you let me know the SKU (product number) I can tell you if it's any good based on testing. I am a Sr. Lab Technician and work in the QA Lab for Harbor Freight tools...I could let you know if it has any problems..ect.

Or any other product you may be curious about...if you live in the Ventura/Oxnard area (or willing to travel) I get 20% off items up to $1200.

Gretchen - 1974 Chamonix 2002 Tii: 5spd, Bilsteins, H&R Springs & IE Poly Suspension Bushings, Pierre Front Air Dam, Hella Driving Lights, Blaupunkt Stereo, MB Quart Speakers, Parker Gauge Cluster.

• 3 weeks later...

All I can say is that the HF soda blaster is AWESOME!!!

Take a look at this water neck... It was a greasy mess before I started. Aluminum, brass, copper all cleaned up incredibly well. This is literally 2 minutes of blasting.

IMG_2583.JPG

Cleaning parts just got a whole lot easier. No solvents and clean-up is a snap. Spray some water and your done!

I've hit the water neck, valve cover and pedal box. All done in less than 25 minutes.