• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deluboz full length header install?

CharlieG

Gruppe,

Years of rust & M10 vibrations seem to have done their job this past weekend, out driving and got a change in the usual 4k harmonic buzz to a much louder buzz, audible valve tick, and then backfiring.

Pop the hood, to see smoke pouring out of the #3 header pipe every time I rev it. Fun. I haven't pulled it off yet to inspect further, but I'm going to go ahead and assume it's got a nice crack in it. Car is a California '76, header is a non-thermal reactor stock unit of unknown vintage. Downpipe from the header is pretty old too and getting some rust on it, and center resonator is pretty much trash.

So, center piece is getting replaced. Upon inspection, a new downpipe isn't cheap, and a set of shorty headers isn't a small expense either. This is where popping on ebay gets me in trouble. Has anyone had any experience with the deluboz (probably chinese ebay knockoff) full length headers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-1600-2002-2002Tii-68-76-M10-Exhaust-Header_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZQ7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a30QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q2el1262QQhashZitem3ef513253fQQitemZ270399644991QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Search on here didn't turn up too much. Does anyone, or has anyone had any experience installing these with the engine still in the engine bay? Do they meet up with a stock center resonator?

Thanks.

-Charlie

02incarsig.jpg

'76 02 http://tinyurl.com/granatrot76 - '89 325is (M50'd) -'98 318ti -'94 Vandura 2500 - '03 Z4 (very, very green) - '07 F800s, beemer