• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Fuel Plumbing Advise

brianstj

Hi All,

I am redoing the fuel system with an electric fuel pump, braided lines, pressure regulator, etc. I have the pump mounted under the back seat and the regulator up in the engine compartment with a -6 line between the two. I could use some help figuring out the connection between the tank and the pump as well as between the regulator and carb. Hopefully someone has been down this road and can point me in the right direction :)

I was thinking of running -4 line from the tank and to the carb because it is closer to the the size of the old lines. So question 1 is, would running the smaller line at the beginning and end cause any issues?

Question number 2 is, what is the best way to connect the fuel line to the tank and carb? I have AN fittings on everything between, but the end points are slip on connectors. The -4 line slips on the tank perfectly, so I was thinking of just cinching down a hose clamp (unless that is a bad idea or the -4 between the tank and pump is a bad idea. The -4 is too small for the carb and the -6 is too big, so what do I do there???

Any suggestions or BTDT advise would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

Brian

'72 2002

'91 325i