• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do I have to remove this?

SeanH

"If you do not connect the vac advance you get NO ignition advance as the engine revs increase - resulting is less power."

Guess that could be compensated for by adjusting the timing accordingly, no? Lower rpm would suffer, higher would be fine? or vise versa, until he can find a mech dist.

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Just about any motor benefits from timing advance at cruise, which is the purpose of the vacuum advance unit: smoother running and better fuel mileage. I would put one on my dual DCOE, 9.5:1 compression motor in a heartbeat if there was a good solution for vacuum with that carb.

Chris B.

'73 ex-Malaga

All 02 distributors have a mechanical advance mechanism. TI/TII distributors are mechanical advance only, but this may have more to do with the fact that there is no appropriate source of vacuum with the sidedraft and FI intake systems. The distributor you have may already have a mechanical advance curve that is very similar to what you would get with a mechanical advance only distributor.

Chris B.

'73 ex-Malaga