• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Maui/Honolulu FAQers out there? (nt)

canadapierre

My Family and I are heading your way this weekend!

Goodbye scraping frost off the windshield in the AM! Goodbye short days! Hello swaying palm trees and sand between my toes!

Would like to meet up with any fellow 02ers if possible. Might be nice to sight see from a running 02... And if you have any tips, specially on dive sites/operators, that would be the cherry on top. Also looking to rent a long board and maybe take refresher lessons.

We are staying in Kaanapali for the first 10 days starting Saturday then off to Honolulu at the Ohana Waikiki West for four days.

Now if the Canadian loony would climb above 80 cents, that would make it all the better.

Long range forecast looks excellent!

Pierre

More power!

Last May my wife and I spent 8 days in Kaanapali and enjoyed it very much. Two things I'd recommend are in Lahaina. One is, eat at Bubba Gumps. Fun admosphere, inexpensive (for Hawaii) and good food. The other thing we enjoyed a lot was going out on the Americas Cup sail boat. We had pretty good winds and were soaked puppys once we were out in the channel and heeled well over. Loved it. We also enjoyed going up to Haleakala Crater (a little over 10,000 feet high). Our rental car, a Pontiac G5 coupe, did OK on the very curvy road to the top. If you go, it'll be cold and windy on top, so, unlike everywhere else on the island, take some warm, wind resistant clothes. Enjoy.

Bob Napier

OH!!!

AC boats? In Lahaina? Wow! I've sailed on on a couple of maxis out of Cairns, OZ, that sailed in the Sydney-Hobart race. An AC boat would be a sweet addition to my sailing experiences. Will look them up. I don't consider it a good sailing day till we just about breach the hull. Sounds like you just about did that!

As for the 4K$ 69, might have to give that one a pass unless he takes funny colored Canadian money!

Thanks, P

More power!

Aloha, Not many waves lately so you may have to rent a real real long board. As far as refresher surfing classes there are many to choose from in Lahaina and Kaanapali. I have 3 02's but one is in paint booth, one is in parts, and the other is my daily so I am afraid I can't spare one for a joy ride. Hope you enjoy yourself here and don't forget to wear sunscreen!

Gary

MAUI HAWAII