• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the green buttons?

bmcallister

I have a 74tii with Behr A/C. There is a green button in the console, on the passenger side of the ashtray. I kind of think this was maybe to turn on the A/C at one point. But it does not depress, turn, light up, or seem to do anything at all.

Interestingly, I also have the very same green button (same condition - it's like it is a dead/dummy button) in the dash, just to the right of where the shift pattern is printed.

Anybody know what these are?

Thanks,

Bryan

Bryan

Current: '74 tii; '05 Audi S4; '10 Triumph Scrambler; '07 Mini Cooper S convertible

Former: '11 Infiniti G37s; '10 370Z; '85 911 coupe; '01 Audi S4; '84 VW GTI; '70 VW Karmann Ghia convertible; '76 Datsun Z

Guest Anonymous

as is found on new cars that do not have all of the options of the cars that cost much more. On a 2002 that hole was usually filled with a green push button switch to activate optional fog/driving lights.

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

I thought that, but there is a "pull knob" switch, exactly like the headlight one, right below the headlight one, that is labeled for fog lights. It is a "dummy" pull knob, so it will not pull out but looks just the same as the headlight one above it.

What also confuses me is that I have two of the green buttons, as described above.

I'm really just curious so it's not a big deal.

Bryan

Current: '74 tii; '05 Audi S4; '10 Triumph Scrambler; '07 Mini Cooper S convertible

Former: '11 Infiniti G37s; '10 370Z; '85 911 coupe; '01 Audi S4; '84 VW GTI; '70 VW Karmann Ghia convertible; '76 Datsun Z