• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Williams - more photos of under hood (nt)

davidboco

of sticker placements. I agreed to collect those pictures for Mike Self.

I think Mike's initial effort is to address US cars, but if he moves on to Euro car sticker placement, these are nice examples.

I did save these pictures and will hold on to them

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Bill,

It's good to see more info being passed back and forth. I hope this is because of the new FAQ's under construction.

There is some great imformation develoment going on in the "FAQ's under construction" forum.

Todd

"Common sense isn't common"

Keith's site has helped many too.

However, the search feature eludes some and often it does not return what someone is looking for for several reasons.

The FAQ Under Construction area is good but it is yet to deliver on what was expected. It was a gathering ground for ideas then the administrators were to turn those well thought out articles into FAQs.

Not indicating fault, it just has not got done. People are busy. I know Tom Jones is trying to find time to turn some of the more thought out articles into FAQ Articles Under Construction into FAQs. Then the FAQs can easily help people quickly with reliable information.

While Tom is busy on that effort, there are several others taking on a parallel effort to document what is original on our cars. This effort is not an effort to tell folks how to fix things, the repair manuals and this site does that well. But we are slowly loosing the people who know these little cars to death, disinterest, getting ticked off, or other reasons. So,it is time to take a few subjects and document "what is most likely original".

Just recently, the "which way do the hood rollers go" question came up. Thankfully Steve and Bob seem to know so hoping they know what they are talking about, I went and changed mine. Little thing, but worth capturing.

I think some of the discussion on stickers, wire routes, lights, colors, interior colors and patterns, are worthy of putting some time into to get the best guess on a searchable website someplace.

If you want to lean in on this effort, let me know.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Bill,

I have a great appreciation for the efforts to maintain the originallity of the cars. It becomes very confusing because of the amount of variation that the cars were built with. While there are many here who truely love our cars, sometimes there are comments made here that lack tact and come across as pretensious. Several times I've been completely taken back by way contributors to this forum bicker and argue about details that I'm not sure in the grand scheme of things matters. If we were restoring vintage high value cars it would be one thing but we have cars that that have limited value even in prestine original configuration.

I pride myself in functionability and reliability and there are times when I must fall back to my own experiences. My car has already fallen far from the original configuration, but I still have a great appreciation for the way the car were built and developed. I love my car because of the way it drives, the way I feel when I look at it and the it was designed. I do not however feel it is a sacred shrine to BMW. 15 years ago I owned a 75 2002 that has the heart and legs of a 73 tii. I didn't really know what I had back them and the only information I had was a Haynes manual. I made several mistakes alond the way and I learned a great deal.

If I can be of any help to you or the people of this community I'd be glad to help. This community has already helped me in countless ways.

My apoligies to others if Bill and I tend to wax away.....

Thanks,

Todd

"Common sense isn't common"