• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy pedal box rebuild kit?

mickth

So, I found the instructions here on how to remove the pedal box assembly. There are some parts listed as a 'kit' that would be needed:

35 41 1 108 237 Throttle bushings x 2

35 41 1 108 676 Throttle lever spring

35 41 4 440 122 Gas pedal roller

35 31 4 640 116 Clutch pedal to Master bushings x 2

35 31 4 041 718 Clutch pedal pivot bushing

35 21 4 045 707 Brake pedal pivot bushing

35 31 1 104 531 Clutch pedal return spring

35 21 1 102 383 Brake pedal Return spring

35 21 4 440 113 Clutch and brake pedal pads x 2

I may or may not need all of them, but can you buy these somewhere as a "kit"? Or do I go to the bmw dealer, and buy the above part numbers individually?

• Like 1

you certainly may order all parts from any

BMW dealer - and ask for your

BMWCCA Parts Discount.

Not a Member ??! then get on board .

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Thanks everyone. So, the directions I downloaded refer to a manual car. Mine is an automatic. Is there anything easier or harder to deal with? Also, isn't there a gasket between the box and the body? I took out a few of the 13mm bolts, and there is a rubbery substance around the threads. I'm guessing it is there just to seal out water. It's not locktight or anything, as it is soft and gooey. Any idea what this is?

Mick

auto box just uses a few different parts. i used 3m strip caulk to seal the box. any good non hardening type sealer will work. it used to be called "dum dum" when i was a kid. a body shop supply will have what you need

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

So, I have the pedal box off of the car now (man, I don't wish that task on anyone!). I'll clean it up, replace the bushings and springs, and lubricate the areas needed. One of the casualties in the process was the outer rubber insulation cover. It was very brittle. My guess is, this box has never been worked on. Anyway, is this insulation cover vital? Do people put them back on? There is also a small rectangular opening on the box. This one had some sort of tape on it. Is that normal? Or is there a rubber gasket that should be there, in addition to the outer insulation? I'm not looking forward to putting this back together. But, once it's done, it's done. The next thing on the list is to deal with a severe low idle issue while cold. Once it warms up it's fine, but when it's cold, it idles so low that it dies.

That hole in the box is there when BMW used a mechanical clutch, some of those parts would come out of the hole.

That hole should be welded up to keep water and moil (mud and oil) out.

Do not put that stuff back on the outside of the pedal box, it collects water and promotes rust.

Carry on.

here is my little guy welding up my pedal box

Evanwelding-1.jpg

Started with this

pedalassembly-1.jpg

pedalbox.jpg

pedalboxstripped-1.jpg

Pedalboxwelded8.jpg

Pedalboxrefreshed15.jpg

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680