• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pertronix installation HELP

norma

Okay, I'm installing Pertronix in my 73 automatic and everything's going alright until I get to the point where I'm putting the two wires through the back of the dizzy where the condenser used to be. It doesn't seem like the hole's big enough to get them both through. I can get one through but not the other. The hole is barely big enough to get one connector through. But with one wire through there doesn't seem to be enough room to squeeze the second connector through. Is there a trick? Is it okay to splice one of them after I pass it through? I'm afraid I'm going to break something trying to jam it through.

Pass the wires through the rubber grommet first (some rubber lube or Armor All helps) then pass the wires through the side of the dizzy and fit the grommet last (some more lube might be needed).

Job done, no cutting, no new connectors.

Beaner7102

1971 - 2002 RHD VIN 1653940. Agave (stock with Pertronix & 32/36 Weber) - "Cactus"

1972 - 1602 RHD VIN 1554408. Fjord (with 2L motor, 5spd & LSD - Weber 40/40 to come) - "Bluey"

1984 - E30 318i VIN WBAAK320208722176 - stock daily driver