• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spring clamp styles and availability

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I recently observed someone working on Mercedes and Porsches who was using two spring clamps that looked very well thought out in that they resembled the OEM 02 screw type jacks except with two "C" perches. I have no idea how strong these tools are but they sure looked easy to use and were self contained in that they did not require the use of wrenches or compressors. I asked where mechanic got the tools and he said they were hand built. I know I have seen something like this before and maybe even on this board, but I just can't find them. Anyone?

Thanks

I have two of those made by "Hans Schubert Car Tools". The same makers as the Tii tune up/adjustment tool sets, and windshield install tools. I had positive comments when I used mine except it happens to be a BMW special tool. I was told by BMW they are NLA. When you have the strut is removed, the upper "c" portion locks the strut bearing from dislodging. Very safe operation. I have a new one available. Pics later.

Guest Anonymous

Was the tool actually made from a screw jack? If it is the same, it sure seems much simpler (and maybe safer) than the clumsy clamps I have been struggling with!