• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Third brake light photos

3elements

Got this third brake light installed yesterday. It's from an early '80s Toyota (Cressida or Corolla, I wasn't paying that much attention) at the local PNP.

The angle to the window is perfect. I built a base of MDF to get it the right height, then covered that with a strip of rubber. Can't see it throught the rear-view, but it looks good from behind.

post-15246-13667597484313_thumb.jpg

post-15246-13667597485183_thumb.jpg

Steve E.

www.theportabledad.com

1974 Sahara 2002

1974 R75/6 (Sold!) :(

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it…This Land

Looks really good

That's something I would like to do to my car. (1976)

How hard was it to wire up?

Do you actually patch in the wires at the brakelights themselves in the rear of the car or do you patch in the wires up front?

Maybe a better way of asking you this is just to say "howd ya do it"? : )

Morris

Morris,

Real easy. Ran the wires through an old speaker cutout into the truck, then along the left side with the existing wire bundle. Tied the hot wire into the hot at the left rear tail light, and ran the ground to the existing grounding point beneath that light.

Be sure to test your wrecking yard brake light before it's in place. Fortunately I tested mine and found that the wires in the fixture itself were cooked. Soldered new ones into place before I mounted the light.

Steve E.

www.theportabledad.com

1974 Sahara 2002

1974 R75/6 (Sold!) :(

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it…This Land

Morris,

Real easy. Ran the wires through an old speaker cutout into the truck, then along the left side with the existing wire bundle. Tied the hot wire into the hot at the left rear tail light, and ran the ground to the existing grounding point beneath that light.

Be sure to test your wrecking yard brake light before it's in place. Fortunately I tested mine and found that the wires in the fixture itself were cooked. Soldered new ones into place before I mounted the light.

What color is the hotwire you hooked the taillight to?

Thanks in advance!

Edwin