• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big Euro Bumpers???

2002nut253

Hey all I'm new to the forum, and I had a question about bumpers. I own a VW MKII GTI, on which I have a big cool looking Euro Bumper set, such as this http://www.performance-cafe.com/product_info.php?products_id=628&osCsid=22b7bfe5bdea40283f52ba8c7aad53e0

Do you guys know of any website, or other brands or trim levels that would be compatible with an '02? I'm going for a similar look. I'm also looking into fog lights if you have any leads on that

I'll be honest I'm not looking to restore or "classic it out" I'm trying to build and tune and add bumpers, lowering springs, Neuspeed Exhaust, short shift, then either Turbo and CAI, or Swap in this STI engine i have left over from my last car project

Thanks for any input

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT!!! I'll give you big bumpers--buy my 1974 rubber baby buggy bumpers--you can mount all sorts of lights and assorted crap on 'em with room to spare!

Rob Capiccioni

1974 BMW 2002

2003 Ducati Monster 800S

2007 Acura TSX

I mean option bumpers in general, i just used that as an example. really anything that has more of a hang than stock, and can mount fog lights. I just used the MKII bumpers as an example

I've never seen anything exactly like this for an '02. Some front air dams, like the Kamei and repros of it, have a raised area that's vaguely bumper-esque. Pierre on this site sells a fiberglass repro of this and has lots of pics on his site (click here).

Spoiler_on_green_2002.jpg

BMP (click here) sells an air dam with a fog-light-mounting provision. This may be more the style you were thinking of, but this still uses stock bumpers over it (and in this case I think it looks a bit odd due to the vertical chrome bumper guards clashing with the otherwise flush design; it may work better with the 1973-style bumper guards, without the bumper guards at all, or with the later '02 federal "big bumpers").

65587_lg.jpg

And I was always under the impression that Euro bumpers were smaller than the US-spec ones, at least from the mid '70s through the late '80s or early '90s. I know this was true on BMWs (and most older VWs, like the MKI and early MKII). But since you like the look, maybe you could measure up the VW units and see how they'd fit...

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler