• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help 73tii exhaust manifold/downpe specific for this year?

Jane

Hello Again!

Thanks everyone for all the info you've provided.

I'm sourcing a stock manifold for my 73tii.

Is this system specific for the year and for the tii or will any manfold-downpipe work?

Will 72 and/or 74 tii work or will a carb'ed system work also?

Thank in advance for all your help!

Cheers

Jane

Jane Loveshack 008 73tii s/r 5spd suspension techniques spring, kybs

you will want to stick to 73 and earlier as the 74 year introduced invasive smog plumbing. go to realoem.com and you can check the parts numbers to verify identical or different. I think you'll find 73 and earlier used the same manifold. if you find a difference, then folks here usually can explain why.

Bob

BMWCCA #4844 (#297 of The 308)

1974 2002 Sahara, MM 2400 Rally engine, MM 5 speed and conversion

1976 2002A Anthracite parts car

1991 525i AlpinweiB II

2002 330ci AlpinweiB III

2007 530xiT Titanium Silver

Guest Anonymous

sticker under the hood the means of emission control is listed as "fuel injection". The only "smog" that any tii had was in 74 when a vacuum retard distributor and a valve attached to the air filter housing were used. All three years used the same exhaust manifold and downpipe. Usually the only time something doesn't fit is when an AUTOMATIC model downpipe is used in place of a manual transmission downpipe.

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

you will want to stick to 73 and earlier as the 74 year introduced invasive smog plumbing. go to realoem.com and you can check the parts numbers to verify identical or different. I think you'll find 73 and earlier used the same manifold. if you find a difference, then folks here usually can explain why.

There is no difference between tii manifolds from '72-'74.

On a carb'd car you are correct.

You for sure want a tii manifold to maintain performance, or possibly look at 02again or IE for other options.

-Justin
--
'76 02 (USA), '05 Toyota Alphard (Tokyo) - http://www.bmw2002.net