• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Springs - how to re-condition

Jon_uk

I bought a parts car a while back which had been lowered. The car was using Koni Shocks and has a set of red lowering springs. The car apparently rode well and was only a parts car as it had been rear ended.

My question is, am I able to re-powdercoat the springs? The red has chipped away in places and before potentially fitting them to my car I'd like to have them re-coloured for want of a better explanation.

Is powder coating the way to go? If not, does anybody have any suggestions? Finally, is it worth doing or shall I just shell out for a new set of springs?

Thanks as always

Jon

Hey mate!

Its very much a driver - with all the welding and incorrect bits and bobs its never going to be a show queen.

The paint is more to protect things from the elements than for show - however, if you;re going to do it you might as well do it right eh...?

Hey mate!

Its very much a driver - with all the welding and incorrect bits and bobs its never going to be a show queen.

The paint is more to protect things from the elements than for show - however, if you;re going to do it you might as well do it right eh...?

sand .....prime...rustoleum......done.

Hey mate!

sand .....prime...rustoleum......done.

Does it come in pretty colours...

You might check your local hardware/auto supply for this product (or one similar). We've used it at our shop to recoat and touch up coatings similar to the ones found on aftermarket springs with good results. As with paint, it's all in the prep. Pretty colors too...

http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

HTH-

s

Shad

'70 2002 #671 "Bimmerschmitt"

'70 2002 BADUDA aka 'Wall Art'

'72 2002 #672 Sold

'73 2002 Sold

'79 528i Daily Driver (future ETC Clone)