• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

momo prototipo install help

Forza

I'll be receiving a momo prototipo & hub assembly soon. I'll be using them to replace a stock 4-spoke '02 wheel from a '73. Any suggestions prior to the switch?

Cheers!

John B. Ellis

1973 Inka 2002 (b. February 7th, 1973)

Weber 40 DCOE

It's pretty straight forward.

Make sure your old steering wheel is centered ( straight ) before yanking it off.

Pay attention to the turn signal canceling post when you put the new hub on, it should be located in the same spot the stock wheel was.

Bolt it on.

Charlie Mac in Sacramento.

My Blog

I'm an كافر

I center the wheel, but when I engage the steering lock, the wheel cants a bit to the right. I can't seem to get the whee; to lock in the dead ahead position. Any suggestions? Also, does anyone know the correct orque value for the steering wheel nut?

Cheers!

John B. Ellis

Weber 40 DCOE

I center the wheel, but when I engage the steering lock, the wheel cants a bit to the right. I can't seem to get the whee; to lock in the dead ahead position. Any suggestions? Also, does anyone know the correct orque value for the steering wheel nut?

dont tighten using the st. lock as your "stop hold". ...

I suggest torqueing in unlocked position....using your knees to hold the wheel...use a new oe locking nut if poss......good and tight has served me well for 20 yrs.

I dont know the values

I suggest torqueing in unlocked position....using your knees to hold the wheel...use a new oe locking nut if poss......good and tight has served me well for 20 yrs.

I dont know the values

it doesnt matter where it locks up....just get it on the splines in the straight ahead position.

I dont know the values

The wheel and hub have arrived without problem and are in great shape; however, the turn signal return doesn't work with the wheel installed. I don't see any piece on the hub that protrudes (at the 3 o'clock position) to trigger the signal return. The only piece that protrudes is the horn contact, which sits in the 6 o'clock position. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Cheers!

John B. Ellis

Weber 40 DCOE

Actually, is there a difference between a momo hub for a 2002 and 2002tii? Does one have the turn signal return ring and the other does not? If so, I think I have the wrong hub for my '02, which isn't a tii.

Cheers!

John B. Ellis

Weber 40 DCOE