• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How does one get involved with VARA?

norm

1-Get a race car ( I recommend buying one)

1.1-make a race car (bring money or bring time and some money)

2-Attend Vara University

Held once a year. 2 day driving school/racing school. If you graduate you can get a VARA race lisc. and begin racing! That what I did. (read thru my website and read the blogs for the play by play. Videos too!)

or

If you already hold a race lisc. send your application and they should approve your race VARA lisc.

3-Make new friends, drink some beer.....go RACING!

you get to race in probably the largest 2002 grid in the country.

I'll be back hopefully in 2009!

and

visit www.vararacing.com

68' 1602

98' ///M3 Sedan

88' ///M3 Sold *

06' ///M3 Competition Pkg Sold *

http://www.bmw1602.com/

topbanner.gif

Guest Anonymous

very carefully. Most of the vintage clubs (VARA, SOVREN, General Racing etc.,) have their rules pretty well spelled out. VARA I think has some of the more lenient rules in that you can take a 2002 or 1600 and modify it within their rules and run it, which is great. Other racing bodies seem to more interested in cars that were actual period race cars with history and what not (rather than something converted).

Don't hesitate to contact Jeff Ireland about VARA's rules when buying/building a car - there are two classes where the 2002's run, B Sedan and C Sedan (most run in CS, fewer mods allowed = more reasonable cost = competitive racing). You can also go to an event and look at the cars . . . you'll see a few different approaches.

Feel free to contact me by email if you have any questions (I'm in my second year of racing a 2002 in VARA). -Ken