• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sot: need to sell my XR4TI...

PatAllen

i need to get rid of some of my cars...my XR4TI has been put aside and i lost all faith in that car. I always babied this car and is mint imho.

I dont know what to do. Those cars are miss understood and hated beyond logic.

I did drive the hell out of it for nearly 10 years. I rebuilded the engine at that era, and put a T-5 trany in, and all the usual goodies, motorsport cam, big VAM, volvo intercooler and a tune chip. 275hp easy back then.

The car never ever seen the snow, always garaged. The body is super straight and clean. The interior is nice but could benifit of some clean-up.

The engine purrs like a kitten but would need rings as with a lot of boost oil started to raise over in the catch can. The trany shift nice but the clucth mecanism or presure plate act like shit. So mecanicaly it is not 100% nice, but is a true runner.

I have a nice dual exhaust system for it but for now it has the original one on it because the last 2 years i did drive it i hated a noisy car so i re installed the original one (very quiet). Yes, 1985 and still have its original exhaust system. That tells you how nice it is.

Car has low mileage on it for a 23 year old one, less than 150k km iirc.

I have a lot of spare parts, a nice uncracked dash (the one in the car actualy is not cracked either), 2 trany (one auto and one manual) 2 heads, manifolds, headlight, tail lights, sunroof,...

So, my question is, who could buy that kind of car, and how much ??

would i regret it ???

i am realy thinking hard to sell my turbo 02 as well....

no i am not depresive !!!

post-119-13667595070581_thumb.jpg

post-119-1366759507164_thumb.jpg

post-119-13667595072747_thumb.jpg

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel