• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing bumper from 2002

elihusmails

I am interested in buying a 2002. This will be my first project car for me. I lie the pre-1974 look without the bumper. How hard/easy is it to remove the bumper on 1974 and newer year models and how will the paint and all look afterwards? I realize this is a case-by-case issue, but what is the general opinion on this issue?

If it does work out well it will open up my possibilities for what years I can shop for.

Thanks

Mark

the big bumper is easy to remove...open the hood, look under the battery tray and on the passenger side frame...there are 2 on each side...i think, 19mm bolts that go thru the shocks...take em out, pull the pull the bumper and shocks out together...

you'll end up with a large square hole and have to deal with those

the big bumper is easy to remove...open the hood, look under the battery tray and on the passenger side frame...there are 2 on each side...i think, 19mm bolts that go thru the shocks...take em out, pull the pull the bumper and shocks out together...

and you will need a huge hammer and alot of agression...

A few love taps on each side with the BFH is all it took for me.

I mounted fog lights in front of the square holes...easy fix.

BTW, the rear bumper is an easy swap too. You will need the early bumper mounts to go along with the early bumpers.

67 Caribe 1600

76 Ceylon 2002