• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

reverse=smoke?

bingbong

well when i go in reverse i get smoke? its being happening for a while now and is pretty bad, but I don't get any when moving forward. Its weird.

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

you don't say where the smoke is coming from. I presume the tail pipe? It does seem weird that it would only happen in reverse. My first thought, honestly, was you don't notice it unless you are going in reverse but it is happening in both directions. I am guessing you have tried it several times to confirm and my first thought is wrong.

Regardless, it doesn't really matter, you want to know why it is smoking. So tell us a little more about where it is smoking from, age of motor, other relavent info. I don;t think the direction is enough to make educated guesses from.

motor is freshly rebuilt, I have checked for smoke on accel but I don't get any.

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp