• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

nail polish match thread?please share your color match.

tron

Hey!

I found a perfect match for Malaga.

My car was repainted by P.O. but i still believe its true malaga.

After the fender rolling i chipped alot of paint so my wife and i went to the drug store with a chip of paint and she found the perfect match.

REVLON 570 VIXEN $3.58

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

heres a droplet on a paint chip...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Share your color match for other 02ers if you chose to paint your car's nails as well..show cars need not apply ;)

thanks

reartuck-1.jpg

i've found for touch up, places like refurbing a trunk, under hood, etc that the hi-gloss polyurethane floor paint sold at home depot or urethane enamel sold by any paint store can be color matched to any color and the larger quantity makes it a great deal....

for kicks, i recently bought a quart of urethane enamel the same color green i'm using on my 69 , sprayed a spare hood and i can't tell the difference between it and the $180.00 gal dupont i bought

nail polish is a girl's best friend for touch ups...glad you discovered the secret

• 3 weeks later...
i've found for touch up, places like refurbing a trunk, under hood, etc that the hi-gloss polyurethane floor paint sold at home depot or urethane enamel sold by any paint store can be color matched to any color and the larger quantity makes it a great deal....

for kicks, i recently bought a quart of urethane enamel the same color green i'm using on my 69 , sprayed a spare hood and i can't tell the difference between it and the $180.00 gal dupont i bought

Esty, this is a really intriguing idea. What brand paint have you bought? Is it for exterior use (and presumably UV resistant)? Is it difficult to spray? Are you putting it on over automotive primer?

I've tried searching the Home Depot website, but nothing leaps out at me as an obvious choice. Does it cost extra for the color match?

BMWCCA #2762
72 2002/71 2002ti, 67 2000CS, 2x 72 3.0CS
86 635, 2x 05 330Ci ZHP, 
'11 Corvette Grand Sport

Esty, this is a really intriguing idea. What brand paint have you bought? Is it for exterior use (and presumably UV resistant)? Is it difficult to spray? Are you putting it on over automotive primer?

bill..the paint that i spoke of in my original comments is PORTER 'glyptex' paint...there is a porter paint store located in the city where i shop and i spoke to the guys there regarding the 'toughness' of the paints and bought a qt of their brand of urethane enamel, hi-gloss for floors and metals, with high anti-rust features...

since posting that blurb..i bought a gal of Glidden polyurethane floor paint from home depot...

if you know about car paints, the toughest and easiest to spray are the urethane's and polyurethanes...they're tough as nails and buying from home depot or a local store it's cheap....

the quart from the specialty paint store cost $17.00 and the gal from home depot, iirc was $24.00 both colrs were color matched to the automotive paints i bought to do my 69 and the match is spot on

i painted the inside of trunk on the project i'm working on now with the home depot paint and it looks like a showroom paint job...very high gloss and rock hard the following day...

we've been having rain and/or threats of rain from Gustove so i haven't had much time to play outside....but as soon as the weather breaks, i'm going to see if it's 'color-sand-able' and 'buff-able'...

door jams, under hoods, inside trunks this stuff would be perfect if you don't have a show car budget...personally from all that i've determine from the listed ingredients, it's not any different from the gal of automotive urethane paint i bought at the dupont store...i'm tempted to paint my next in line 72 with this stuff....to be the guinea pig

time will tell.....good luck