• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Method to remove glass from flag mirror???

c1cc

I had to take my glass out to replace. I used a small putty knife to pry between the black plastic and the metal housing. Just wedge it in there and work it around the perimeter. It's hard to do without breaking.

I broke both mine while taking them out. I did get the housing taken apart for a good polishing though. I would have liked to get new plastic for them.

I had to get mirror glass from some junkyard mirrors and have them cut to fit.

71, flat black

Beat to fit, paint to match.

Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

"Some people spend a lifetime wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem" - Ronald Reagan

Been a long time since I did it, but I didn't break mine, I am pretty sure I had the whole quarter window frame removed before I pulled the glass out, I had replaced the rubber seal at that time I think, & the glass came out rather easy is all I remember.

2002 owner since 1980

Guest Anonymous
I haven't seen anything definitive using the forum search on how to remove the glass from a flag mirror. Any advice? Thanks in advance

A lot depends upon the state of the gasket holding the glass. If it has become hard and brittle, it is a crap shoot. I went to a junk yard to find another mirror after cracking mine in the removal process. The funny thing was the proprietor produced a mirror just like mine except heavier. On closer inspection, a new piece of mirror glass was glued or epoxied over the existing glass.

Consider laying a bead of caulk over the existing glass on your unit or be prepared to replace it!

hth