• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002AD Again

Yale

I was going to post something about the strange series of experiences I have had with 2002AD and then realized I could just search this site to see if I was alone. I see that i am not. What a shame. Nobody here knows Ben and understand what the hell is going on over there?

He acts like he is totally overwhelmed, how can that be if everyone who doesn't drop by gets some strange run around?

Best, Yale

The folks at 2002AD have always supported our functions here in Arkansas by making generous donations for our drawings. I was fortunate to win a $100 gift certificate at MidAmerica in Eureka Springs last month. Now, I am almost afraid to use it. I have had no problems, but it's been a while since I ordered from them. I guess I must test the waters.

j9273c.jpg
'71 Agave, '71 Verona, '74 Inka, '73 Chamonix

"FAQ Member Number 60"

All I can say is if you want stamped steel floor pans, don’t buy theirs. It took months to get and when they arrived I found that they were hand made, not terrible work mind you, but I could have saved the $400 and made my own in just a few days.

'76 Inca, restored to a roundie

I should be clear here by the way and say Ben has always been super nice and has never done anything nefarious, he is just very unresponsive. I have tried to buy cars from him and also parts, and he has always been easy to talk to and helpful on the phone but would just never actually complete any deal. Best, Yale

I had an OK experience with 2002AD recently on buying some parts - a little slow, but nice parts. They were door brake pillar mounts - reasonably priced and well-made.

1976 2002 Inka

2008 M5 Sapphire Black Metallic, 6-speed