• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bosch W8DC now 7905?

robsanab

the parts guy said he ordered what I asked and they told him 7905 is the new part number... they are super plus.

I can't put my full faith in this guy... is this fact?

I tried the bosch website and it is pretty much worthless... and a few others, but I can't seem to get a definitive answer.

thanks

Rob

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

Many Bosch distributors update the W8DC or W9DC plugs to a resistor end type (W8DCR or WR8DC, etc). As long as it says "C" for Copper and not "P" for Platinum - I think you're OK. What is stamped on the metal portion of the new plugs? THAT's what matters. They're all "Super" I think.

make sure to unscrew the resistor ends before using with OE type plug wires! (pliers and a flick of the wrist does it). Gap to your preferred spec (I like .028-.032") and install with thin thin thin film of Copper Paste. (Wurth makes the BEST! - CU1100!!!) $40-60/pint.

HTH!

Paul Wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Guest Anonymous

These plugs may supersede the W8DC designation, but they may NOT be the same heat range. W8DC refers to a non-resistor plug. According to what little I can find on the net, these number plugs are SUPER PLUS and they are evidently resistor, don't require antiseize, and have a "V" groove in the center electrode.

Heavy-duty yttrium-enhanced copper core center electrode for superior reliability and increased resistance to spark erosion for a 50% longer performance life vs. even OE plugs Tapered, v-profile nickel chromium ground electrodes improves cold start performance and increases fuel ignitability Angular, five-ribbed insulator design prevents misfire due to current... More leakage Nickel-plated rolled threads provides complete anti-seize and corrosion protection Metal glass fused resistor maximizes interference suppression

Only other caveat is country of origin. I recently tossed some Bosch plugs that had loose ceramics. They were marked "made in India" although I suppose quality issues may occur when products are made in Germania too.

HTH

thanks. I went ahead and got them... 7905 on the box, but the plugs were stamped WR8DC. Who knows, maybe they will start stamping them 7905 in the future? Would seem stupid to me.

These are made in Brazil not Germany or India... they didn't fall apart upon installation, so we'll see.

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

The ones you have are the resistor plugs (they are, aren't they?), hence the "r" in the name. IIRC, the ones you want are 7805, which should be the "new" number the the W8DC's. They have had dual names for quite some time now. If you look on the box you'll see a double number stamping, both the old number and the new standardized one. You should be able to order by either number, but really the 7805 is now the "correct" #. Or you can always ask for plugs for a old VW Beetle, that's what they are a replacement for, amongst other apps :)

HTH, Zac