• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MegaSquirt -- M20 guys -- help please !

JohnN

Will anyone please share the AFR map with me please? I've just started tuning the car again and my starting map isn't very good. It is either really really rich at idle, or really really lean under load.

Thanks much!!

John N

Just leave your AFR map all at 14.7 and 12.7 under full load until you get your VE table sorted, that's where you need to make the adjustments and get it close before you need to start worrying about the AFR table. Then work from there and keep logs to see where in relation to RPM and MAP you're cruising and where you'd like to see some savings in fuel and just work on that section.

Another way would be just to drive it around up and down the tables and cruise a little , log it, look at it in MegalogViewer, see where you want to run it, make the AFR table you want, then have it analyze according to the AFR table and see where it makes changes to the VE table.

'74 2002 Megasquirted!

It is really dependant on the motor, every motor is different. I would get a WB 02 sensor if you don't already and take datalogs with megasquirt. This will allow you to view them in megalog viewer to make changes.

'87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Hey there John,

I had the same request the other day and posted to e30tech.com. I got some data back and found a table that gives what is supposed to be the stock AFR targets and ignition timing. While it's not exactly what you are asking for, it should be useful. Give me a little while to get caught up with work (out sick for two days) and I'll post it in this thread.

I need to get over there to check out your car(s) one of these days.

edit:

OK, here is the first thing I found:

dme173maps.jpg

Still digging up the other stuff.

Mike

trying to get a head start on the tuning

Regards,

John N