• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Andy Shank contact info?

1936spyder

Hi all-

i've searched the forum for Andy Shank's contact info, but the only e-mail address I've found is a dud. I'm interested in contacting him to obtain a quote on paint and some bodywork for my new tii. Any help would be much appreciated. Plus, if anyone has additional pics of his work in addittion to what I've found on the forum, that would be great!

Wendell

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

His phone number is 510-236-5232. I've seen a few of his paint jobs and have seen decent work, but not show quality (granted, his prices aren't show prices.) However, I've seen a couple of jobs he did in 4-5k range, and they have some orange peel, and the lines are just not all that clean. If you're interested at looking at some recent work of his, there's an 02 he just did a couple of weeks back currently at German Auto Sport on 4th street in Berkeley. Should be there for a few more days, they've still got quite a bit of work to do on it.

Thanks Grover-

My new tii is very straight, but it has a few typical issues and the current paint is just tired. Is there anyone else that you might recommend in the Bay Area?

Wendell

my car is currently @ Andy's so I will report back with my experiences. JP has used him satisfactorily before, and he's been doing restoration type jobs for awhile - a big reason I went with him. In a nutshell, I loathe working with body shops - they are expensive, never get the work done on time, rush everything and half the time dont do the work right. My last experience was a year in the shop and an unsatisfactory paint job (for what I paid). Andy is reasonable and a one man shop - he only takes one car at a time and thus can pay sole attention to your car and gets it done in a very timely manner. Being a small one man shop, he kind of likes to do what he's comfortable with/wants to do.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very nice!!!

I'm going to call him to see when he has an opening in his schedule. How long did you have to wait, and if I may ask, what did it cost?

Thanks again,

Wendell