• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2007 Targa Newfoundland on SPEED...finally

Wow, I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes. I can't believe they'd waste a spot of airtime for the Targa when there's probably a great oval track school bus race happening in Bithlo, FL.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

There is a good article in the Roundel this month.

Really wish Speed would not be Nascar 90%.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

Its a shame. When it started in the the name Speed Vision (I think that was what they called themselves) it wasn't so Nascar oriented. Used to be able to get a good bit of F1 stuff there. Then they made the marketing decision to appeal to the Nascar craze. I rarely watch it anymore.

1972 2002
Verona Red "Happy Face"
VIN 2581641

1999 M Roadster Alpine White, 1999 M Coupe Alpine White

My M3 mechanic, Bill Arnold, won a few years ago in his modified 80's 5 series.

If I remember correctly it was aired on Speed then.

It was in fact a 1972 Bavaria with an S38 motor. Then there was some protest, and the next year he showed up with an M30 but engine blew up.

bavaria.sized.jpg

bavaria_finish.sized.jpg

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

He ran an E36 M3 Euro motor (S52) - similar power and much lighter than S38. Suspension is E28 based. Some 'grumbling' lead to rule changes in 2006- Cars must have type block it started with and same number of valves.

The M30 failed due to cooling system problems - we hope to see Bill back in 2008. A few of us BMW competitors are planning to go from Targa straight through to Watkins Glen - Ofest 2008 after the event.