• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater valve and cable issues.

felix_666

I need help and/or pictures of a later valve at the fully open position and closed position with the cable attached to the valve's arm, please.

I have looked through ALL the previous threads (including the FAQ) and don't seem to have enough information. My problem is that i took everything apart and lost all my before shots on my camera.

My cables seem short but came from a functioning heater, they only allow a very small amount of travel (for the valve arm) at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (And i don't have an arrow but it is around the right way)

Also it's a RHD car if you think that makes any difference

CIMG3410.jpg

cable is fully out, fresh air flap closed, lever fully across to the right.

CIMG3408.jpg

cable half way, valve half way, lever half way.

CIMG3406.jpgCIMG3405.jpg

this is how i would like valve to work but the cable seems to be short, although its not. Top=open, bottom=closed

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

1973 RHD Verona - Project

1974 RHD chamonix - Towed 

Heaterbox.jpg

Best I can do. Looks like angled down is the correct position. Mine is inside the car now, so i can't get much better than this... any idea why your cable is so short? You may need to see if you can move the cable anchor at the control lever to give you some more room.

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

Hot dang thats a good looking heater top, and spray can cap to match??

The cable is as far out as posible on the lever control part.

I thought maybe the RHD versions are positioned differently to LHD considering the controls would be in different spots.

According to my dashboard, my heat is on when the lever is to the left, but this could simply mean the controls are flipped, not sure though.

thanks for the pic

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

seems like the end of the valve control cable may be broken off leaving you with not enough throw? had a cable do this, and was able to trim back equal amount of cable sheath. loosened the cable retainer clip and pushed the cable in again equal to the amount of cable lost, and tightend it all back up....by the way this is w/ the box out of car, and opened up......no other way.

Cheers, but all i needed to do was pull one cable through the holding points more than the other and that seemed to work, it meant that one is straight before the holding point, and the other is bowed due to the extra length.

1972 RHD Auto - Sold