• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1978 320i and 74 02 - Interchangeable/Upgrade parts

citizenchan

A friend of mine has a semi-running 78 320i that he is willing to give me. I wouldn't pay the back dmv fees on it, but I was wondering if it is worth taking it for the parts.

Anyone know much about this car? Are there parts I could easily interchange, given that the motor is probably out of the question since it isn't running.

How about seats, steering wheel, etc?

Is it worth it to try to sell, I haven't seen many on the net.

Thanks,

Issa

Yeah, I've got racing style recaros in my car already, and a 5 speed. Hehe, that's why I was asking, cuz I have those bases covered - couldn't find much else.

I may take it for the seats depending on the condition. I am flip-flopping between keeping the race recaros, or going with bmw seats. The seat thing is a form or function debate for me.

I'll have to see the condition of the brakes, but that's a possibility.

Thanks for the advice,

Issa

Yeah, I've got racing style recaros in my car already, and a 5 speed. Hehe, that's why I was asking, cuz I have those bases covered - couldn't find much else.

I may take it for the seats depending on the condition. I am flip-flopping between keeping the race recaros, or going with bmw seats. The seat thing is a form or function debate for me.

I'll have to see the condition of the brakes, but that's a possibility.

Thanks for the advice,

Issa

What color are your Recaros?

Otherwise, take Pierre's advice and sell the stuff on the board in here. There are plenty of guys looking for stuff like that at a reasonable price.

Also, grab the Idle Control Valve. Megasquirters are looking for them. Not an expensive part, but you'll be helping someone out. They look like this:

0_280_140_104.jpg

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog