• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

relays above the battery

eaker02

The round ones are original, and no longer produced. When you go to buy new ones, you'll get either square plastic or square Bosch metal ones. The metal ones look nicer than the plastic, so I posted up the part number for them a while back. Maybe a search could find it, but I can just be bugged into looking at mine and post it again if you harass me enough.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Is it the same part number for each of the three relays? Mine are disgusting looking and I'd like to replace all of them at the same time

Yup, same thing. I polished mine up a bit as well with some steel wool and metal polish. There's some glare, but you can see mine in this old pic. Ignore the battery and corrosion and crap, I changed that stuff long ago:

http://www2.hawaii.edu/~kfunk/2002/wiring/wiring3/DSC01362.JPG

Oh, and i don't have the big rectangular voltage regulator because I switched to an alternator with internal reg.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Thanks. I'm planning to do the alternator upgrade this week. I've purchased a reman from BNR on Ebay that puts out 82 amps and has the internal voltage regulator. Adds juice and cleans up the bay a bit.

1974 2002 - Project Rehab

2004 330ci

2004 530i