• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW 2002 Mechanic W. LA

island_snow

just curious if anyone would happen to know a good mechanic on the west side of los angeles.

please do NOT say "Four Oaks Garage". the owner's great and he knows his stuff as '02s were the 1st car he ever worked on BUT the mechanic he employs that works on my car is a numb nut and has damaged certain parts of my car (momo steering wheel) and installed parts incorrectly (clutch slave cylinder) as well as a big blob of engine oil (felt like 20/50) on the hood of my car when i went to pick up my Baybee....just to name a few. in addition, they predominantly work on range rovers but i do see 02s on the lot once in a while.

so any recommendations would help.

thanx in advance

~rj

Try Jack Fahuna. He's in Van Nuys so its not too far. Really nice dude who knows 02's like the back of his hand.

www.probimmer.com

David G.

1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" Smog? What smog!!

1998 Nissan 200SX "Sayuki" Can't argue with 35 MPG!!

1987 Nissan 300ZX My Dad's old Z will soon be mine!!

On the south east side of La brea and Venice Blvd, across from the Wilshire Area LAPD Station there is a small independant shop called C&R BMW Service. He has work on two of my 02's and my kid's E30. Its a small place. It is east of La Brea. The owner once joked with me that at one time, he threw away tons of 02 stuff because no one came in anymore with 02's.

I checked my address book and could not find an address. I did manage to find his number. 323-937-1329

Carlos or Rene are the owners.

Hope that helps.

Vince

There's also a place on Lincoln near Rose on the Santa Monica/Venice border. I think it's called Specialty Motors. I haven't used them, but I talked to the owner and he has a few tii's.

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Mercedes Benz 300CD, 300TD

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

sorry to say, Mike Brown has closed up shop. It is only the M Shop left and they only work on the new shiny clean stuff. All the cool 02 stuff in his little car port area in the back has disappeared! Just wondering, is your tii the agave green one that was shipped off to new york? if so, I helped him work on that car and let him store it at my house garage (2 blocks from the shop) when he had no space. Nice car!

• 4 years later...
Guest Anonymous

Anyone ever hear what happened to Mike Brown? Is he still in the Pasadena area working on 02s? He helped me out back in 2004 to get my 02 back in shape.

Thanks

Matt