• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weber 32/36 carb rebuild.

This needs a rebuild but I really think this not for me if I want it to work. Last time I tried this I had to buy another carb. What is an average price to pay, parts and labor, to rebuild this carb right? It has a water choke also. I need help with this.

This is what I am afaid of. It may be cheaper to replace it than fix it. Do you know if a 38/38 will make a 2.0L engine run better with better throttle response vs a 32/36 progressive carb?

HOLD-ON ! are you not a Certified MINI Technician ?

hold up 'our' side. Before there was Motronics - there was

the leaking carburetor ! get a Pierce Manifolds WEBER

parts & Tuning manual - study it, and dig into that simple

device. Much more rewarding to figure out than

break-out boxes, adapter cables, fault codes.......

You Can Do It - with my jet recommendations of course for your starting

point.

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

This needs a rebuild but I really think this not for me if I want it to work. Last time I tried this I had to buy another carb. What is an average price to pay, parts and labor, to rebuild this carb right? It has a water choke also. I need help with this.

I paid a private mechanic friend $100 and provided the rebuild kit.

I'm not the type of person who does well with itsy-bitsy parts. I have big thumbs.

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

I rebuilt a 32/36 this fall. There is very little to it. All you do is disassemble, clean, replace the jets, re-assemble. It is very simple one of the easier things you can do. A book will help you understand how it works and help in the reassembly. As I took it a part I bagged each group of parts so nothing got mixed up. Give it a try what have you go to loose?

1975; 2002

1995; 318ti

2004; 330i ZHP

HOLD-ON ! are not a Certified MINI Technician ?

hold up 'our' side. Before there was Motronics - there was

the leaking carburetor ! get a Pierce Manifolds WEBER

parts & Tuning manual - study it, and dig into that simple

device. Much more rewarding to figure out than

break-out boxes, adapter cables, fault codes.......

You Can Do It - with my jet recommendations of course for your starting

point.

Nope. I am a Mini Tech but not certified. I am a certified BMW tech though. I will try this again and rebuild. Other than the rebuild kit what else should I look for? I saw a rec. to replace the jets. They are cheap so this does not seem to bad. I just bought the Haynes book for the weber.

If you're rebuilding the carb for emissions certification, I think that the only one that'll pass is the 32/36. There have been many comments throughout the last year on this BBS that praise the 38/38 and claim increased power with the same civilized idle and power curve. Jets, gaskets and rebuild kits and parts are stocked by a couple of places. And the prices are modest.

The real issue and seldom talked about theme is watching your 'back' while the rebuilding process is taking place. Rubber-neckers, lookey-loos and midnight mechanics proceeding under the slogan of "I can fix that...." often intervene and sometimes without your knowing it. If you set a component correctly and someone else dismantles it for inspection and reassembles it incorrectly or with dirt in it, upon test your results may not be pleasing.

It is an occupational hazard that is rarely reported due to the desire of not wanting to look like you're being vicitmized by this current plague.

Having said that, what the other guy said.....it's not that difficult to do if you count your parts before and after and number or bag the little buggers so you remember where they went. The obligatory 'I have one screw left that I can't remember where it goes," modus operendi has to be put on the shelf during the rebuild process......or it's rubic's cube time.

well, I know a lot about rebuilding the Webers. If your throttle shaft is loose, you need to put our throttle shaft repair kit in. We make our own repair kit that has the correct parts and no parts you don't need. Our kit is $30 and our bearing kit is $20. Shipping will be $9. We also have the power valve diaphram.

If you want to clean it good, use Castrol Super Clean. Its very good. You let it soak in that for a day, and then wash it out in solvent or hot water. Then you let it dry out. Blow it out and put it all back together. It will be sweet.

Check out my postings in the classified section as well.

Jim 1-800-665-5031

Overseas Auto

Vancouver BC

1-800-665-5031

always on MSN z5551212@hotmail.com

www.overseas-auto.com

www.weberjets.com

www.piaalights.com

www.thejimhilton.com

Hey Y'all,

I recently rebuilt my 32/36, followed C.D.'s jetting and plug directions to the letter. Yet now it races at 4k rpms. I've check the fast idle linkage adjustment and it's all good. When it's running I have a constant supply of fuel coming out of the secondary venturi. I had replaced the power valve assembly, recheck float adjustments and double checked that the throttle was closed.

So why the heck am I getting fuel from the secondary side?

Help!

Rich

If fuel is coming out of the secondary, that means the throttle plate is open. So you have either taken the secondary throttle plate out and put it in upside down, or the screw for the throttle stop for the secondary has been adjusted.

Overseas Auto

Vancouver BC

1-800-665-5031

always on MSN z5551212@hotmail.com

www.overseas-auto.com

www.weberjets.com

www.piaalights.com

www.thejimhilton.com