• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tii Master Cylinder on Regular 02 Brakes?!!

Supergeek

I had the Volvo big brake kit on my 76 02, then one of the junkyard calipers started to leak. I couldnt find another one at the boneyard so I put the original brakes and hubs back on. I had rebuilt my calipers so what the hell. The thing is I have a Tii master cylinder and Im wondering if it will work ok with my 02s stock calipers. I did the change over today and took it for a spin and they worked fine. So am I just worrying to much? Thanks!

David G.

1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" Smog? What smog!!

1998 Nissan 200SX "Sayuki" Can't argue with 35 MPG!!

1987 Nissan 300ZX My Dad's old Z will soon be mine!!

Guest Anonymous

Of course it will work. So will the master cylinder from a big ol 530! The pedal effort may be slightly different between master cylinders, since the difference is one of piston diameter.

Good luck

It will work.

There may be some issue with proportioning when you swap in different masters. One might flow more or less to one circuit than the stock master did.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you start noticing that you tend to lock up the fronts or the rears more often.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

As stated it will work with little noticable difference in pedal pressure needed. I installed a new mc for a 528/E12 (which has same dia. as tii mc) to go along with my big brake upgrade...it works just fine. My car is also '76.

The older I get the better I was!