• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lighting/Electrical Trouble Shooting

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Any help would be apreciated!

Dash lights are out

Brake and High Beam Light work

Running lights on the right are out but not the left.

All other lights seem to wirk fine.

Happened suddenly--was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Guest Anonymous

Any help would be apreciated!

Dash lights are out

Brake and High Beam Light work

Running lights on the right are out but not the left.

All other lights seem to wirk fine.

Happened suddenly--was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Year of car would probably help in the diagnosis. Carefully check all fuses first. Wiggle them, Spin them, look carefully at them. That usually solves 50% of the problems.

Good luck.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Year of car would probably help in the diagnosis. Carefully check all fuses first. Wiggle them, Spin them, look carefully at them. That usually solves 50% of the problems.

Good luck.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Guest Anonymous

Sorry it is a 76 2002, I will play with the fuses again. I neglected to indicate that only the illumination lights are out in the dash all other warning lights seem to be working fine. I have the electrical diagram from the shop manual, but no key.

Guest Anonymous

Sorry it is a 76 2002, I will play with the fuses again. I neglected to indicate that only the illumination lights are out in the dash all other warning lights seem to be working fine. I have the electrical diagram from the shop manual, but no key.

Guest Anonymous

Wiggling the light switch/rehostat doesn't do anything. Tried three different used light switches. I can not for the life of me figure out why the parking lights on the right are out along with the dash ilumination, however all other lights in dash and around the car seem to be working fine. It doesn't make any sense looking at the wireing diagrams. Again everything was working great two-three weeks ago.

Guest Anonymous

Wiggling the light switch/rehostat doesn't do anything. Tried three different used light switches. I can not for the life of me figure out why the parking lights on the right are out along with the dash ilumination, however all other lights in dash and around the car seem to be working fine. It doesn't make any sense looking at the wireing diagrams. Again everything was working great two-three weeks ago.

I believe that right parking light and dash light are on the same fuse check it with a test light or a VOM.(with Volt meter you'll be able to verify that fuse has same voltage as the battery) Oftentimes the test light will light even when you don't have full voltage. That will indicate corrosion issues. Try some fine sandparer or scotch brite pad on contacts that hold the fuse and for giggles put a fresh fuse in. Could also check under fuse box for tightness of the terminals (not likely though)

Cheers.

'73 2002 Electromotive TEC II and TWM 45mm ITB's, 9.5:1 + 292 regrind cam

I believe that right parking light and dash light are on the same fuse check it with a test light or a VOM.(with Volt meter you'll be able to verify that fuse has same voltage as the battery) Oftentimes the test light will light even when you don't have full voltage. That will indicate corrosion issues. Try some fine sandparer or scotch brite pad on contacts that hold the fuse and for giggles put a fresh fuse in. Could also check under fuse box for tightness of the terminals (not likely though)

Cheers.

'73 2002 Electromotive TEC II and TWM 45mm ITB's, 9.5:1 + 292 regrind cam

Dash lights out might be No. 8 on your 12 fuse model. There is a ground wire that falls off (especially if you've been in there recently) behind the cluster. Pull guages forward and make sure wire connector and ground lugs are on. Turn signals might be the corosion mentioned or again, ground wire....it is a seperate wire and is a screw into the fender. Make sure it is clean and tight. And never forget to ohm out the bulb itself! Your turn bulb might be open! It is a twin filament....parking is the lower wattage and signaling is the more wattage element. Bulb might be in reverse of supposta!