• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getrag output flange interchange

brendang2000

Hi all,

I’m very slowly doing a S14 swap and ran into a problem with tranny output flanges. I want to use the M3 tranny and this has a 3-bolt flange that is larger than my 320i 3-bolt flange. My question is, does anybody know if the threads are the same on the output shaft, so then I could just swap flanges? I’ve tried searching the forum, but after numerous hours and getting side tracked on other great topics (oil pan, throttle cable, etc), I’ve come up short. This is the closest I came, http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,18669/highlight,265/ Maybe I should just get the front part of a driveshaft from another car and use the M3 output flange? Any thoughts are really appreciated. B

'76 Inca, restored to a roundie

If you don't mind would you measure the holes on the flange center to center? Or from the center of the flange nut. I have an auto drive shaft that seems bigger than the 320 flange (from memory- rather faulty memory) and I may use it if I go with the 265. May also be a viable solution for you if the output cannot be easily interchanged as auto drive shafts are a dime a dozen.

Also is the 265 the same length as the 320 OD tranny?

Always interested in seeing tranny tunnel pics if you have some.....

Pete