• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

headers

O=00=O

Yes! Even if your car passes the sniffer test it will not pass the visual inspection with headers. Besides, the air pump connects directly to the thermal reactor. So you will have to lose the air pump. I'm in your boat. Having a '76 2002 in Cali sucks balls. I'm getting all the parts together to convert it to 318i fuel injection. Maybe then it will pass.

David G.

1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" Smog? What smog!!

1998 Nissan 200SX "Sayuki" Can't argue with 35 MPG!!

1987 Nissan 300ZX My Dad's old Z will soon be mine!!

EFI flys with smog people? that seems surprising, i mean it makes sense but the rest of the smog stuff doesnt to me so ida thought they wouldnt allow it in the visual test....assholes. yeah iv had enuf smog so im sellin mine for a 66-7 nova.

'76 SiennaBraun 2002

On the search for a '70-'74

SMOG ruins all the fun!

EFI flys with smog people? that seems surprising, i mean it makes sense but the rest of the smog stuff doesnt to me so ida thought they wouldnt allow it in the visual test....assholes. yeah iv had enuf smog so im sellin mine for a 66-7 nova.

If you swap in a modern engine into your 02 (engine built after your car was) the state will allow it as long as it retains all smog equipment. E30 318i's had fuel injection and a catylitic converter. Not all these hoses, pumps and valves that our 02's have. Since the engines are the same, I'm gonna try to fool these dudes into thinking I swapped in an E30 motor. If that doesnt work, Im looking for a 75! Sad, because my '76 runs so good!

David G.

1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" Smog? What smog!!

1998 Nissan 200SX "Sayuki" Can't argue with 35 MPG!!

1987 Nissan 300ZX My Dad's old Z will soon be mine!!