• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another great GOR drive!

oz_tom

The Victorian 02 Registry got together again early this morning and had a small run down the Great Ocean Rd and through the Otways. 6 cars attended (and Todd, who assures us his car will be done soon!). Unfortunatly various mechanical malodies, unfortunate circumstances and the time of the morning stopped some attending, but for the ones who were there, boy what fun! The weather held off very nicely after predictions of showers and we were able to cruise under a full moon and blue sky (oh, and a rainbow!). No breakdowns (major ones anyway) were had on the 300ish km journey and all participants made the drive great fun!

Just a few pics from me and hopefully we can get a video up on youtube ASAP. All, feel free to put up your shots.

Thanks to all the people who came - you made the drive a dream to organise and a huge thanks goes out from myself and Todd.

Tom

DSCN2266.jpg

Diggs riding shotgun

DSCN2267.jpg

DSCN2270.jpg

DSCN2271.jpg

Mark brought the family along - future 02 fan right here!

DSCN2276.jpg

DSCN2278.jpg

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

What a great morning... very inspring to get my ass into gear and get my car back on the road (we have heard that before though :-P)

Thanks to Doug for letting me ride shotgun from Lorne to Geelong, great fun and the car really went nicely through the bends!

Interesting fact, there was 3 Fjord's and 3 Chamonix's.

Look forward to another drive soon!

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

Tom and Todd, thanks for organising another real fun early morning run. It was great to put 'bluey' through her paces, needs another gear. It was impressive to get the whole family in the car and on the road as well and great to catch up with the gang, keep on O=00=Oing............Mark Melnyk

Check out the following links,

post-2954-13667579594428_thumb.jpg

post-2954-136675795964_thumb.jpg

post-2954-1366757959742_thumb.jpg

post-2954-13667579599272_thumb.jpg

post-2954-13667579601257_thumb.jpg

Yep, another 2002 nutter and some Fords are fine automobiles as well.

Cheers Todd, all is well now and hopefully the experience will be better for the boys next time round. I can wait to see your car on the road, judging from the pix I saw earlier, I expect great car...good luck, see you round. GO CATS!! Mark

Yep, another 2002 nutter and some Fords are fine automobiles as well.

I decided to stay dry and stay at home... listening to the radio, it sounds like it will be another great day for a Geelong supporter.

I meant to tell you about the Territory Turbo I saw leave Ford opposite Norlane Hotel the other day... hahaha! They were into it!

toddsig05.jpg

Still LOL guys, that was a hoot! Well done for orgaising another beaut drive. I don't have any pics worth posting - the roads were too twisty to risk taking snaps! Looking foward to comparing notes on the next sortie.....

faqsignature.jpg

Wow, so 2002's CAN be a family car. Thanks. My future looks bright with Karl. Great to see you are posting again Todd!

We had fun at the motorkhana today. Alas, I had to work and got there was the participants were finishing their last runs. I got to go in a nice yellow E36 convertable! Haha, his seats were caked in dirty water from the skid pan. He's probably having fun now cleaning it all off before hitting the town tonight! Thanks for the pics guys!

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg