• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EFI...how much HP? dyno?

29 minutes ago, LeeJohn said:

Wow the torque!  Is that due to the diff?  Is your top speed like 70mph lol

Note that the scale is in Nm not ft.lb, overall torque is similar to yours  (131 ft.lb)

Actually theoretical top speed in 5th @ 7000 rpm is still 122 mph, I've seen at least 105 mph in a stage, I say "at least" because the next run through the stage was faster but I didn't dare take my eye's off the road.

I'd like to go to a 4.9 or 5.1 which would bring the overall ratio of 5th down to where 4th is at the moment,  as we don't ever use 5th in a stage

Edited by tomorrowcalling

Examining the torque curve on the Franken Engine, you can see where there are two air flow resonance peaks in that setup.  Air flow gives torque and I expect the fuel flow is higher for those peak areas also.  Did you log that run on the EFI system, it would show the fuel flow.

And, it also shows the air flow really drops off above 5k rpm.  Graphs I made during some testing with that manifold shows the same characteristics.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.